Computer Numerical Control or CNC machines find extensive usage in manufacturing processes. The medical industry, the aerospace industry, and many other industries employ computer numerical control machinery for their operations. In this brief article, we will take a detailed look at what CNC or computer numerical control is, types of CNC, industries that use CNC, etcetera. We will also try to find the best CNC machine parts company.
What Is Computer Numerical Control?
Computer Numerical Control is the process in which computers are employed to control the machines. CNC is opted to ensure accuracy while operating complex machines, which is almost impossible to achieve manually. Various industries (oil and gas, transportation, aerospace, medical, etcetera) rely on machines that are complex and thus, difficult to operate. Thus, computer numerical control is extremely useful in controlling these machines and carrying out the operations with efficiency.
Types Of CNC Machines
CNC machining refers to the process of employing pre-programmed software to control and operate different kinds of complex machines. Mentioned below are some of the most common CNC machines:
- CNC Plasma Cutter – Plasma cutting machines are used to cut through different materials with the help of a plasma torch. These are mainly used to cut through materials like brass, copper, aluminum, steel, stainless steel, etcetera. The whole process is carried out by pre-programmed software.
- CNC Lathe Machine – CNC lathe machines are computer-controlled lathe machines that are used to cut workpieces while they rotate. The level of precision required in this regard is difficult to carry out manually, making CNC is a necessity.
- CNC Electric Discharge Machine – Electric Discharge Machining (EDM), or spark eroding, spark machining is the process of metal fabrication using CNC electric discharge machines. Through this process, different shapes are carved in metals using electrical discharges or sparks.
- CNC Milling Machine – CNC milling machines are cutting tools operated by computers. They are used in cutting different types of materials. Computer-controlled milling machines carry out the process of cutting, drilling with immense precision, making them a necessity in industries like medicine, aerospace, etcetera.
- CNC Router – A CNC router, much like other CNC machines, is a cutting machine-controlled and operated by computers. They are used for cutting, milling, and drilling materials. Hand-held routers have now mostly been replaced by CNC milling machines.
CNC machines are extensively used across many industries. Some of the major employers of CNC machines are the medical industry, oil and gas industry, aerospace industry, etcetera.
If you are searching for the best CNC machine parts company, you will find many offline options that are worth considering.